1. Rimmel Salon Pro Kate in 104 Saturn: the colour i'm wearing on my thumb. For me rimmel nail varnish's are brilliant, especially for the price and this shade just ticks all the boxes. A black base colour with a gold sparkle, plain black for me looks a little drab on the nails but the gold shimmer in this certainly for me is the colour for a night out, whether it be a night with friends, a date night or an evening meal. Application wise Rimmel have got it covered, the size of the brush is perfect for making sure your all covered without going over the same patch, over and over again leaving you with some sort of smeary mess (we've all been there). the first coat gives a fairly good coverage but i'd recommend two for that flawless finish.
2. Barry M Gelly Hi Shine in Almond: a pale nude shade that doesn't give you the mannequin hand look. This is a good all round colour which goes with just about anything (saves changing the colour of your nails all the time... who has time for that!?) Everyone seems to have such a high opinion of barry m polish's... I can't say I love them but I don't hate them either. For me the formula's tend to go some what gloopy rather quick and application wise the brush is a little on the thin side. That being said this shade makes all of that bearable and its worth persisting with i'd say two coats leave you with the best finish.
3. Essie's Thigh High: I'm currently loving this shade of red, a deep burgundy with a slight shimmer too it. Essie is by far my favorite nail brand the formula's are on point, the brush is the perfect size and every time i'm at the stand deciding which shade to pick up next i'm left looking slightly odd picking one up, taking it back and swapping it out, only to return back to my first option: i've spent some serious time wandering round boots trying to pick. Thigh high is for me that red right now, everyone seems to have at least one if not more 'burgundy reds' for this time of year and it's safe to say thigh high is my current favorite.
4.Essie's Midnight Cami: Another shade with some shimmer too it (I do own other finish's I swear!) this time it's a deep royal blue. An alternative to the black nail if it's just not your thing, midnight cami may well just be for you! the photo just doesn't quite capture the colour of this polish, the downside to taking your photos in the evening. I picked this colour up the other week and received a fair few compliments on the shade it's once i've ceratinly been loving.
5.Essies's Maximillian Strasse Her: It's safe to say there's a slight essie trend going on here. I've seen quite a few reviews on this shade and finally i gave in and decided to purchase (I wasn't disappointed) My current favourite of the lot and once it started to chip on my nails its the colour I reached back for to paint my nails all over again (which is not like me at all) It's more of a grey shade with a subtle hint of mint green, a shade which I personally wouldn't tie down to just this time of year... the perfect all-rounder.
What are your favorite shades right now?



No comments: