The talk of a new Nars release was circling a while back now, I remember seeing Laura from buynowbloglater post a photo on Instagram several weeks ago and ever since I was patiently waiting for it to be released. Fast forward and here it is. I was in Leeds the week before its release (I think) and the lady at the Nars counter told me it was available for colour matching the next week, sadly I don't live that quicker drive away from Leeds so unfortunately a colour match wasn't on the cards. I ordered mine online and for reference I went with my Sheer Glow shade match... now I actually think my Sheer Glow match is a shade dark and it would seem that ADLW (it's too long to keep typing) runs darker than Sheer Glow so this is not a brilliant match for me right now! that being said, I can work with it. It will be better once my skins seen a little sun but for testing purposes I went with it.
Now Nars claims that 1 pump is enough for your whole face... granted that will be for the finger application method (more on that one pump in a moment). For application your supposed to shake well, warm one pump in between fingertips and apply (be warned the formula is very thin and almost watery) I did this and one pump wasn't enough for my horrendously round face, just a little less that two was needed. Now in all honesty applying foundation with fingers isn't for me so you'll be pleased to know it apply's just fine with a brush! the coverage reminds me a lot of Sheer Glow but it is of course more matte. That being said I do think it lives up to the luminous claim, my skin looks healthy and as for weightless? It feels like a dream on my skin. For such a water formula the coverage is outstanding, it really is. It covers just the right amount without looking too heavy.
So after talking formula i'm going to talk packaging and emphasis on a point that, literally everyone else has gone crazy over. Nars have released a foundation with a pump! It's about time lets face it, why should I have to buy a £30 plus foundation and pay extra for a pump on top? I don't think so Nars; so to finally see it coming with one was actually a little exciting (I need a life). The bottle itself is a nice weighty glass bottle with a frosted effect, which i'm loving. It's like an updated version of the Sheer Glow/ Matte bottles and I really really like it. It's the same as all other Nars packaging, simple but I like that.
I can imagine this one would be a really good one for in the evening, I'd maybe not opt for something with such a full coverage in the daytime. I'm loving this new release from Nars but a colour match is needed - I can imagine be probably being Gobi.
You can buy Nars ADLW foundation from Nars or Space N.K for £32
Have you tried this one yet? What are your thoughts?

I still haven't tried Sheer Glow and now this new release is out. I need to get a sample of it as I wonder how it would work for my dry cheeks. So glad they finally brought out a pump cuz the thought of buying a pump separately is so annoying x
ReplyDeleteBeauty with charm
I think they had to give a pump with it to go with their 'one pump' claim! I'd definitely recommend getting colour matched :) x
DeleteI really want to try this foundation as I like heavier coverage but don't like to have a mask on my face and usually my foundations don't last on me too long so this sounds like the perfect one :)
ReplyDeleteMummy’s Beauty Corner
I'm impressed, I wasn't sure what to think when I heard it was more full coverage I was worried, i'm usually a really light glowy coverage girl :) x
DeleteI love the sound of a weightless, luminous foundation! I haven't tried Sheer Glow yet but this one sounds a bit better - not as 'glowy' and it has a pump! I love how everybody is going crazy over that little detail haha! :) Great review!
ReplyDeleteBecki | beautyandthebrunette.co.uk
xxx
The pump is so good!! I've actually been wearing this a lot in the day recently, my skins had a huge breakout recently and this has just been amazing! xxxx
Delete