Mac Plink! - One you need in your collection.

Monday, 26 January 2015




Swatched: : Left - pressed harder and several times | Right - one swipe

The latest addition to my Mac Lipstick collection (which is currently still small - I can feel more additions coming soon). I recently picked this up when I went to Liverpool, which is amazing for shopping by the way! I have so many 'nudes' in my collection but I felt a natural pinky nude was lacking. This was the one I actually picked up first and swatched on my hand and then put it back thinking it was too light and had too much sparkle to it for me and I carried on looking. A couple more swatches in and one of the counter girls must have seen the confusion on my face and stepped in. I told her what i was looking for (a natural pinky nude) - she whipped round the display and had 3 for me to try. I really like that the Mac girls seem so happy to help you, they really encourage you to try on the products to see what you think, they even give their honest opinion too which I like. Don't get me wrong I know they want a sale at the end of the day but if your at a beauty counter are you really 'just browsing'? She tried 3 on me and I didn't even bother looking at the names of them at all (1&2) I liked, 3 not so much... I went for the 2nd one she tried in the end and low and behold it was the very first shade I swatched... Plink!

I was shocked, I really liked it and I bought it immediately. I really happy with this one. Now i'm not going to describe it as a 'your lips but better' shade but it does enhance the natural colour of your lips. I prefer this one on days when i'm not wearing much make up or if I want more of a focus on my eye make up. The only warning I have is that you need to be light handed with your application, don't press too hard as it is a cool toned lipstick and you don't want to blank out those lips! Don't let that put you off though, it's not one of those concealer lips shades, it's just more of a frosty pink.

Plink! is from the Mac Lustre range. I'll be honest the lasting power isn't the best but I can deal with the for the fact that I like the shade too much.

Mac Pink is available from Mac counters or Online for £15.50
have you tried this shade? Are there any other Mac shades I need to add too my collection?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...