Our Living room this Christmas

Thursday, 4 December 2014

Hello everybody! I hope your all ok! Today's post is all about our house this Christmas! I thought i'd let you all take a little look at our Christmas decorations. We moved into our house in June and we've worked really hard to get as much decorating done as possible! We were super lucky with the house in that everywhere was painted in magnolia, but it was just a very quick paint over by the previous owners and just not our cup of tea at all... and not to mention everywhere was DARK wood (not our cup of tea at all) ... I say our cup of tea, I don't really think that my boyfriend was too bothered but i'm just not at all into dark wood, it made the house look so dull and let me tell you, sanding, priming and painting all the skirting, architraves, windowsills and even our staircase was HARD!  But less about the house itself and more on the Christmas decorations!

I went out really last minute on Sunday to get is some decorations because we had a tree just nothing to dress it! I went to Homebase (as I fell in love with Tanyas decorations) and then a local garden center near us because they just sell the most amazing decorations! I went for a gold, copper and cream theme, I just fell in love with the copper decorations! I really like the tradional red and green trees but I felt like these colours would compliment our living room more (green, cream and a grey sofa)



As it's our first Christmas here we don't have lots of decorations but I've tried to make the most of what we do have. This is just a little coppery colour candle holder with feathers printed on it (I got two of these) I love candles so much, they just make a room so cosy! This is just a little half moon table we have, this usually sits where out tree is currently!


So this is the tree! I just had to get the gold decorations which Tanya got because they were so beautiful, they were the only decorations I got from homebase, the small ones are primark ( I forgot I got these a while back) The beads are asda (again picked these up on a food shop one day) and everything else is from the garden center. I think my favourite ones are the little coppery leaves they're just so cute!


On our bookcase, here's the other candle holder and some pretty twinkly lights (these were from asda too!) I love fairy lights, they're so lovely and just make a room feel so cosy.


I tried not to make this one blurry but i'm not the best with cameras yet! I want more decorations but I'm quite picky, I really want some Merry Christmas bunting but all the ones I keep finding are red and I think i'd rather it be gold to match everything else (so if you find any let me know!). we need presents around the tree to cover the stand too!


Possibly the most un-arty/photographic photo ever!? But it just love the lights on the tree. I really hope you guys liked this post, i feel like I've worded it really formal. I hope your all enjoying the run up to Christmas as i am, I think its possibly my most favourite time of year I love all the decorations, spending time with my family and of course Christmas dinner!


2 comments:

  1. This looks so cosy! I live in a rented flat so I can't tear it apart like I want to but one day I'll get the opportunity!
    charliedistracted.com / Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! were really lucky with house prices here! Im dying to get more pictures on walls but im super picky! Xxxxxx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...